Saturday, October 31, 2009

Scary hotel II

I was a teaching assistant for a summer class, living in a dormitory/hotel. One night I was standing in the hallway talking to another TA through his half open door about how disappointed we were with the faculty, who were shirking obligations and leaving us with too much work. He leaned towards me and said darkly, "You have to do something about this." I responded that I would do what I could, but I had no more power than he did to change things. He took my hand in his and as he stared into my eyes, he squeezed until he was crushing my fingers. I managed to pull my hand away, and said to him slowly, "If you hurt me on my body, I promise that I will hurt you back even more." My words turned into a handwritten, signed note that slid under his now-closed door, and as I walked down the hallway back to my room, I regretted that he now had evidence to blame me, if any physical misfortune did happen to befall him.

When I opened the door to my room it was dark inside but moonlight was coming in brightly through the window, illuminating two thick streams of water pouring down from the ceiling. I looked up and saw a black stain on the ceiling where the water was coming from, and in the center of the dark wet mark, a nest of snakes was shining in the white light from the moon as they slithered in and out of their mating mass.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the first Nonconsenual Knit Stalking repeat tag!

    And I am seriously affected by your dream accounts. Heart.

    ReplyDelete

Does this have to do with your {insert parental relation here}?