Sunday, July 26, 2009

Talking Dogs and Moms

I was walking down my old street in CT and saw some old ladies gardening in front of their houses. I stopped to untwist a vine that was strangling a small tree, and one of the old ladies asked me to go get her small scissors inside her house. She told me I had to go around the oven and they'd be in the drawer. I walked into the house, and climbed over a hot stove to get to the back room where the scissors were. On a round table in the back room, Kris' dog, Yuki, was lying down and staring at me. He had really short, shaved hair and looked kind of like a mean doberman, though he's a wolf-malamute.

Yuki and I had a struggle for domination in which we each tried to stand taller and look bigger than the other. He was on a table, so somehow he won and was taller and growling at me. I was really scared that he was going to bite me so I gave in and went to go get the scissors. On my way back outside, I saw Yuki lying on the ground and went over to talk to him. We had a conversation that I don't really remember, but I told him that I thought he was going to bite me and he said something like, "Yeah, I know you did." We talked a little longer, and then I was interrupted by Kris' mom asking me if she could have some of my donuts that the old lady had given me for going to get her scissors.

She asked if she could have an apple cinnamon one, and I said yes before I realized it was my last one. I asked if I could at least have part of it, since it was my last one, and she said, "Oh, don't worry about it, I have more at the house I can give you." So I let her have my last donut, and I don't remember the rest of the dream. I think I woke up shortly after that, but I think I talked to Yuki more and Kris was there briefly...eating my donuts, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does this have to do with your {insert parental relation here}?