Monday, December 21, 2009

Spaceship thunder magic bauble laughter *clikpop*

[Proffering my brainbody to science, I dozed off many times (despite the buzzhumtaktak of the machine) while I was supposed to be completing puzzle tasks. Each of these dreams(?) happened in just a few seconds before I was beeped at and awoken for missing an answer.]

A sweltering hot desert, low shrubbery, dry, baked earth, high sun. Yellow. Agony, pain and shouting. "I" (looking like a hollywood movie star) drop to my knees, tears streaming. Dust and mud are caked to my body. Drying blood. I scoop into my arms the body of someone very dear to me. My child? Love? Mortally wounded? "Nnnooo!" I choke and gasp. "No noo!" The deafening noise of an enormous jet engine rises above and behind me. The heat and light from the spaceship/sled distorts the landscape in ripples of energy as it blasts off over my head and into the air. Rumbles that shake the earth! Screaming noise! "It can't be!"

"They still have my range rover!" (...the spaceship...?)

*bbeeep!* oh, gah. Near, the ball is near! Far. Far. Pause. Near. Pause.

A woman, running. Stumbling in fear and panic. I can't see clearly, everything is shaking; maybe I'm running, too. It's night. She is being chased by a person that wants something she is carrying. She comes up against the rail of the bridge, overlooking a vast, calm river below. Dark; street lamps reflected in the water. In the same motion with which she collides into the rail, she casts the sought-for object out and down. The precious thing (a ring? bejeweled and bewitched trinket?) It tumbles through space, slowly. I watch it fall, thinking:

"But, how will she retrieve it? What power does she possess that will allow her to get it back?! Because: she must!"

*bbooop!* wut? Ak! Far! Near. Click. Pause. Near. Near. Pause.

Christy, sitting on the hardwood floor of her room, looking up at me with a pout-frown. Full sunlight pours through some window, saturated colors. She says in a false whine, "I'm not stupid!" I had teased her. We hold our expressions for a moment before laughing deliriously. The bed is yellow. Her eyes are blue blue. She lets her head fall sideways in mirth.

*beeepp!* Jeez! Near. Near. Near. Pause. Blink.

2 comments:

Does this have to do with your {insert parental relation here}?