Sunday, May 17, 2009

Farewells and Bears

I'm leaving to go back to Pennsylvania knowing full well it's not where I intend to stay. I concern myself over the boxes of shit I've accumulated...Peter from Alamosa is in my kitchen, "I'm going back to live with my father." I caress his face and cry, "You are beautiful person and special to me. Please always be yourself," because I suspect the world might try to change him....

Haunted apartment that is now mine. Many rooms in a long line, all furnished. Every corner holding the possibility of a spider or ghost, but not in a decrepit way. Two people I do not know. I step into a room that sends chills down my spine. Perhaps I'll just use this place to store those boxes?

Then a swimming exam in some indoor/outdoor arena. Bethany, on crutches, prepares to go first. As she starts to enter the locker room Bryan tells me, presumably learning from his iphone, that there are bears mauling people on the other side of the door. At first, no real panic, then the bears growls are audible. We move. I wait for Bethany to hobble out. Crowds of poeple on a sunny day. I just don't want to get eaten by the bears.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does this have to do with your {insert parental relation here}?