Tuesday, June 23, 2009

White Vegetal Orbs

I am in my grandparents bathroom, the blue one at the end of the hall, and under the sink I find bags and bags of white vegetal root. They are perfect orbs reminding me simultaneously of cantaloupe and onion. They smell like durian fruit (or compost). I know suddenly that if I smell them I might experience short term memory loss. I hold my breath as I gather them to take outside and I wonder who wants me to forget. When I get back inside I notice there are more of them under the floor boards which are made of pillows stitched together. I am afraid I won't find them all. So far I don't think I have forgotten anything.

Later I see Esme and she tells me she found some in her house as well. She had to go to the ER because of her amnesia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does this have to do with your {insert parental relation here}?