Saturday, May 9, 2009

Star TREK and eat my cake too!

Laureen bought a cake especially for Robin and Michele. It was a roommate cake, but for some reason it was in my grocery bag, so I forgot even when she told me twice and I took a big bite out of the cake. She said again "that's the roommate cake Christy!" and I said, "oh, gosh yeah, it was in my bag though with my big bottle of wine. I thought it was my cake... sorry" I felt really bad.


"What in the heck are you doing, Commander?"


So I got up and went to my star fleet locker. I took off all of my pedestrian gear (except for one necklace that might have had the moon on it) and started getting ready to go to space. I remember hearing a lot of commentary while I dressed like it was a sporting event. I lined up with the other cadets, and as we were sworn in my commander (a woman with red hair) gave me a huge bouquet of roses. Another cadet asked what in the heck she was doing and she said, "if you were a woman you'd appreciate it, believe you me."

At some point we were driving up a steep dirt road in a jeep (towards space?).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does this have to do with your {insert parental relation here}?