Saturday, May 30, 2009

Dreams between snoozes

#1    I'm at work and I am looking for the number for the therapist who is picking me up for the  special olympics.  "I think she is coming soon,"  I tell Lauren.  Lauren starts to set up exercise mats.  I realize that I forgot to tell Tim that I am leaving work early so I can help with the special olympics.  I'm thinking about sneaking over to the calendar and writing it in, but start to feel bad that I am leaving.  Lauren says she can start exercises if I need to leave but I think I have enough time.  I go over and climb on top of this huge pile of mats so that I am elevated above everyone else.  As I begin to march my pile of mats begin to move and Lauren and I realize that the pile is way too high.  Lauren begins to "jenga" my mats; I keep moving so that it doesn't interrupt exercise.  As she slowly begins to remove mats my tower begins to fall.  Down I go.  "Be careful Stephanie,"  says Trina.

alarm, snooze

#2 I'm outside waiting for my ride when I hear Christy scream.  I know she is sleeping on the roof so I run to her room to see what is going on.  When I get to her room she is walking from the roof to her bedroom with a strange girl (The roof of the garage is attached to her door and she has made a huge tent outside.  When I see her walking towards me she has to walk over a small ledge.  Everything surrounding them is red due to the huge red cloth that covers the whole roof. For some reason I feel really eerie about this.)  "This is our new couch surfer."  says Christy.  "Don't worry I didn't sleep over" say the couch surfer.  I am confused. They both seem to be saying things to make me feel better as if I have been tricked into something.  I am trying to figure out what is going on.

alarm, snooze

#3  We are all together.  I put some bread pieces in an oven.  We are all dressed up and in another town. (I think it is Sante Fe) We all have on really cute, dark colored dresses. (side note: my legs look amazing in my dark purple dress which I keep noticing throughout the dream)  We end up talking to this group of men.  "The leader"(super rockabilly) of some "man gang"  is talking to us in a smooth and snide manner, informing us how interesting him and his boys are and how they run the town. (we are in a town of leather jackets, school dances, and lots of gossip)  He is kind of baiting us and saying he will be keeping his eye on us.  I say we don't really care.  We go to the dance (which is kind of like a barn or street dance with checkered tables and a big dance floor) and take over the dance party. We leave on a motorcycle (with four of us on it at the same time and the driver sitting forward and the rest side saddle).   The next day or later that evening(we are still wearing the same dresses) we run into "the leader" again and he informs us that we are the talk of the town.  "We don't care what people think"  I say.  Everyone is getting excited and  I start saying (insert long monologue here) that the reason people are talking is because we don't care and  just have fun so we can't start to care now. (For some reason I am really worried about this.)  We hop onto the bike with Trina up front to drive the bike. "Ok Trina let's go" I quickly have the realization that Trina can't drive the bike so I put my hands over her hands and help steer the bike.   We are driving through the city at night and go into this parking garage. As we go over the speed bump,  a security lady looks at us funny and I am nervous about how it must look with Trina up front and me steering the bike from behind her.  We end up at this hotel....  I am talking to this man about "the leader" and how girls fall all over him and that is why he is interested in me because I am not.  While I am talking to him I realize I left the bread in the oven.  I take the bread out of the oven.

alarm.

1 comment:

  1. Why was I screaming? Was the bread okay? What's a barn/street dance?

    love,
    C

    ReplyDelete

Does this have to do with your {insert parental relation here}?